This SEM Manager will be responsible for customer acquisition strategy and implementation through SEM/Pay-per-Click (PPC), and drive new email subscriber and mobile app user volume, quality, and ROI. This role would expect tremendous career growth and will be reporting into Director of Customer Acquisition.
- Support acquisition strategy development that will deliver hyper growth and lead tactical execution of paid search/PPC campaigns.
- Perform ongoing paid keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization; Research and analyze competitor advertising links.
- Create A/B testing plan to optimize SEM campaigns, and associated landing pages and messaging.
- Work closely with Finance and the rest of Performance Marketing team on pacing acquisition spend and ROI, forecast, customer analytics, attribution tracking, while closely monitoring and reporting key metrics and develop immediate action plans to optimize campaign performance.
- Make recommendations to the executive team of strategies, roadmaps, and operating plans for customer acquisition and conversion.
- Works closely with Product and Engineering teams to develop and execute on the roadmap of functional and technological capability enhancements to drive marketing spend efficiency and better customer experience.
- Closely watch the competitive landscape and best practices and proactively react to market actions and customer needs by improving plans and operational activities.
- Concentrated in Marketing, Statistics, or Business-related fields
- 5+ years of experience in online or e-commerce marketing with a focus in customer acquisition.
- 2+ years of experience in planning, developing, and managing marketing budgets (e.g. million dollars annually) preferred.
- Proven success in managing paid search/PPC campaigns and landing page optimization, bidding, and online merchandising.
- Expertise in Google Analytics , Google Adwords, Microsoft Adcenter, and Yahoo Gemini.
- Experience in developing highly targeted campaigns based on data and analytics.
- Experience in planning, implementing and measuring A/B testing and related statistics.
- Data manipulation in MS Excel; SQL skills is a plus.
- Proactive, highly-organized self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment; Highly resourceful, and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Very hands-on with the tactics; can-do approach and willing to be held accountable for business results.
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
About Brad's Deals
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven curated shopping guide site with ever-growing monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.